Love Knoweth No Laws*
Owing to certain pressures put upon us by the law, we hold the right to cut, change or refuse to print any personal ads sent to us. We must also warn male ‘minors’ (under 21) that you may have unpleasant legal nasties unloaded on you, and us, if you attempt to use and reply for certain reasons connected with the meeting of someone for immoral purposes, namely making love. Apart from those antiquated legalities, men and women are welcome to use these columns as they wish.
- AVA – Are you still singing in Manchester ?
Can you write to Denis (Fly Me To The Moon) for possible Gay News interview Gay News. 19 London Street. London W2 1HL. Tel: 01-402 7805
- Inhibited Lonely Gay, 25, wishes to meet masculine gay, early-mid twenties for encouragement and hopefully long-term relationship. Only sincere persons need write. Photo reciprocated. Box 107
- Lonely Bachelor, 50’s, would like to meet another for genuine friendship and share flat 50-50. Affectionate and easy going. Photo please A.L.A. Box 108
- Gay Generous Man residing in country but often in London would like to contact gay young man Please write, all letters answered. Box 109
- Holiday Companion (attractive literate and unobvious young man in late 20’s preferred) sought by similar for September holiday abroad. Phone number appreciated. Write Box 110
- “Copy of Jeremy magazine Vol.1. No.7 urgently required; write – Brian Hart. 1 Trinity Road, Folkstone, Kent. Telephone 54698″
- Male Naturist, wants to join their group at home, if not any one interested in forming one, mixed, for all, gay people. Box 111
- London Gay Guy, seeks real friend for life, under 25. Not interested in transitory relationships. I like music. & movies, and sincere people. Box 112
- Intelligent Non Dreary Gay Male, 35, wants to meet nice sincere other for warm relationship. Box 114
- Gay Girl, 22, seeks friendship and correspondence with others. Box 116
- Calling All Gays (Male & Female) in the Belsize Park area. How about coming together for a drink and social evenings. Write to: Garry, 40 Belsize Park Gardens. London NW3.
- Country Girl, married, fed up. looking for warm and loving, not too way out gay girl 20-30 ish. B/th. S/ton. Bristol or Salisbury district. Box 118
Could the person who placed Box 118 please contact the Ads Dept., Gay News, 19 London St., London W2 1HL. Tel: 01-402 7805. Thanks.
- “Rather straight” quiet guy, late thirties, own pad, interested in music, electronics, and things technical, looking for younger pals — anyone interested? Box 120
- Young Males – early twenties – living in London, need friends of same age group. Box 121
- Gay Girl, 24, wishes to meet similar, preferably Bristol area. Box 122
- Even the fish’ll whistle! Tight mini swim things for athletes. List 6p. stamps Larry Knight, 4 Hamilton Close. London NW8 8QY.
- Gay, 35, quiet disposition — loves classical music, countryside, seaside etc., seeks gentle longhaired, feminine dolly-boy with similar tastes, for sincere effectionate friendship – photo appreciated-returned. Box 124
- Bachelor, 29, Flat-share own room, S.E.4. Home-Builder wanted ! Box 126
- Tall, Athletic, dominant young man, 30, wishes to meet passive, effeminate, type male for sincere friendship, will travel. London area. S.A.E. for reply. Box 128
- Young Man (21) wishes to meet male 21-25 for sincere friendship and mutual pleasures. Photo’s if possible, returned with mine. Box 129
- Older Man with nice flat and car, offers share everything with genuine young working man: looking for good home and companionship. Genuine, only photo if possible. Box 130
- What about the gay life in Silloth, Cumberland and the Solway Firth Coast, anyone interested in getting it started for I love you all Box 131
- Male, 28, Seeks friends same age or younger for fun time. London Area. No whiskers please. Photograph essential for reply. Box 132
- Butch Glaswegian, 20’s, moving shortly to London, seeks playmates and/or pad. Diverse interests from pubs to current affairs. Box 133
- Is There and educated young man 20’s, who would care to befriend isolated Channel Islander, 39. Box 134
- Lightweight wants sparring partner at weekends. Country cottage near Scottish border or will travel. True friendship sought and offered. Box 135
- Happy Self-Confident uninhibited masculine male wishes to meet similar occasionally. London Box 136
- Surrey Bachelor, 40, car owner, wishes to meet friends between 21 and 30. Wide interests include football, pub touring, walking, theatre and cinema. Box 137
- Quiet Guy, 24, seeks younger affectionate friend. Box 138
- Eccentric Queen requires urgently an Eccentric Pad. Low rent please. Write (only) to Claudia, c/o Gay News. 19 London Street. London W2 1HL.
- Gay Bachelor (51) invites others to join me in long weekend. October 7-9, Jersey. No age limit if genuine. Box 139.
- Shy Guy, 28, not camp, seeks sincere friends (M/C area) 21-30. Photo please, will return. Box 140
- Gay Artist (chick) sick of pretentious pseud’s, seeks real people to share mediaeval freak outs and much love. Box 141
- Gay Girl, I am really lonely. I just wish and pray for a girl friend who could come and stay with me. I am 18. Box 142
- Young Man (29) South London, wishes to meet younger person. Box 143
- Male (30) quiet disposition, likes cinema, TV, records. Seeks younger man for friendship and everything. No effeminates please. A.L.A. Box 144
- One Man Wanted to Help Distribute “Gay News” in Edinburgh. 30% commission. Contact Ian Dunn at 15 Hope Park Terrace, Edinburgh.
- Music-Lover (classical, vocal), London, owner of vast record collection, wants real friend, slim, non-kinky, to share enjoyment. Box 145
- 50yr Old Shy Bachelor Business Man living 30 miles north of London seeks friendship. No (camp) or (effeminates) please. Age unimportant as long as sincere. Telephone number if possible. Box 146
- Gay Body Builder, aged 28, wants to meet gay body body builder, aged 22 to 30 in London area or South, Photo please. Box 147
- Gay Student wants accommodation in Aberdeen. Box 148
- Urgent — modest pad or share required for active gay guy (22). Anything in London considered. Box 149
Could the person who pieced Box 149 please contact the Ads Dept., Gay News, 19 London Street, London W2 1HL. Tel: 01 402 7805. Thanks.
- “Peter – see you at the Drag Discotheque Aug 9 or any wednesday after — Pontrefact Castle, 48 Chapel Street, London NW1. (Edgware Road tube station.) — am doing wild go-go dancing there. John.”
- Business executive, 34, transferred to London shortly seeks young social contacts, maybe roommate. I’m young looking & thinking and love & can afford the nicer things in life. Lets correspond ! MAX. PO Box 26017, Los Angeles 90026, USA Airmail.
- Gay Girl, 28, independent but friendly, own flat in Central London – fancy meeting for drinks, chat, etc? Box 51.
- Homeloving 43 year old, active continental wishes to meet someone over 30 to share home and life. Phone number if possible please. Box 105.
- Any personal ads containing any form of racial prejudice will be immediately rejected, and money paid for insertion will NOT be refunded. Gay News collective.
- Urgently Needed. 2 Large free or inexpensive rooms in Central London for Gay Social Activities, for both men and women. They will be needed continuously, but for at least 3 nights a week. Contact Gay News. Tel: 01-402 7805.
- Liberal, moderate, young undergraduate is looking for a room in a flat, or for others looking for same, in N./E./S.W London. Please write, Alan McGorrin. 59 Forburg Road. London N16 6HR.
- Large Single Bedsitter available at £5 pw. near Westbourne Park Underground Station Give Phone Number (if convenient) with reply. Box 125
- Weekends, Holidays, Business. CHE member offers Accommodation (one male adult only) Single B & B. Private, clean, homely. Write for further particulars or booking. SAE please Devere, 40 Stewart Road. Sheffield S11 8XT.
- Loverly Lad, 26. would like own room in beautiful flat with other loverly people in London. Phone 01 267 0064
- Non-Effeminate Gay Wanted to share flat. Brockley. Box 123
- Manchester. Mature active guy to share terraced house with working man. £3 p.w. inclusive. Box 117
- Pleasant rooms available for older gay women in sympathetic homelike Chelsea house. Box 113
- 2nd. Man (25-35) to share Bromley Sth. flat Own room. Pref. someone interested in music. £6.75 per week excl. Box 115
- Respectable Male, 19, wishes to share clean flat with similar. Box 127
- Ladies Salon urgently requires hair stylists, gay or otherwise, to start work immediately. Above Average Rates. Tel: 01-405 7499 (9am-6pm)
- Male. 29. seeks position Houseman Valet. B.Cubiss, 33 Sydney Street. Chelsea, London SW3.
- Cabaret Singer – requires “Top” Pianist to work on Joint Act. Straight Gay-Male Only. Serious musician only — with own piano. If you fill the bill — ring 01 794 3427
- Gay Coach Trip – Southend – including Disco Dance Friday 15th September. Details/Tickets – Dicks Inn, Mondays, or S.A.E. to 203, Clayhall Avneue, Ilford. Essex.
- A wide selection of books, periodicals, pamphlets and posters on gay liberation is available from the Gay Liberation Book Service, P.O.Box 40397, San Francisco, Cal. 94140, U.S.A. Write for free price list (send 2 international reply coupons for airmail). Overseas orders welcomed. The service is operated by the group which publishes Gay Sunshine a radical gay liberation paper. In exchange for four international reply coupons you can get a sample copy of the paper.
- Gay News thanks Roddy and The Masquerade — the paper is always available at the door. Masquerade Club, 310 Earls Court Road, SW5.
- Newstime, 6 Pembridge Road, Notting Hill Gate – NEWSAGENTS OF THE MONTH ! Thank you Mr. Mathews and staff, for selling more Gay News than any other newsagents in London !
- The DisKOtheque (D O K), 2a Lowndes Court, London W1 (off Carnaby Street) regularly has Gay News on sale. Thanks.
- If you live in
Watch out, or the Sexual Avenger will get you! Read about his truly dreadful career in the new soft-cover novel:
by LAURENCE COLLINSON
which is comic and erotic and contains lashings of gayness.
This novel is being published by subscription because even those established British publishers who have been most enthusiastic about it are still hung-up about sex.
The manuscript will go to the printers as soon as there are enough subscribers – not longer than about three months, the author/ publisher hopes. In the meantime, the money will be held in trust and returned if the project fails to get off the ground.
There will be a special limited edition of 350 copies, signed and numbered by the author, at £2.00 per copy. The ordinary edition will sell at £1.00 per copy. Both prices include postage.
Send cheque/P.O. made out to
‘Grandma Press’, c/o Laurence Collinson,
30 Andrewes House, Barbican, London,
An Independent Monthly (affiliated to The Campaign for Homosexual Equality).
Read By Male And Female Homosexuals.
32 Pages — Interviews. Articles, Letters, Illustrations. Send 25p. Now For Issue No.11 Or 50p. For Three Back Issues.
Lunch Magazine, 23 Avon Court, Keswick Road, London SW15 2JU. (No Callers Please).
- BOYS/MEN !! Nude Magazines £1.
(Lists SAE) Johnny: BM/FBGH,
London WC1V 6XX.
- ORGY ACTION
Each pretty boy (and girl) expects
To sample every kind of sex
And in our films and mags you’ll find
Their naked beauty well defined
A postal order (20 pence)
Brings photo-catalogues to you
With vouchers for a free mag too !
NETCO (Dept. GNU),
PO Box 10149, Amsterdam. Holland.
- Gay News, wishes to thank the management and staff at the Colherne and the Boltons (at Earl’s Court) and the Champion (at Notting Hill Gate) for their help in letting us sell Gay News in their establishments. Gay News will regularly be on sale in these three pubs in West London.
- BACK NUMBERS of GAY NEWS are still available. Send 13p (which includes postage etc.) for each back issue.
- AGITPROP BOOKSHOP
A Gay Manifesto 5p.
Gay Manifesto (GLF London) lOp
The Sexual Struggle of Youth 37½p
Oscar Wilde 60p.
Come Together 5p.
and many more books, pamphlets, papers and posters at the shop or by post from 248 (GN) Bethnal Green Road. London E2.
- York. Gay News available from Woof’s Stall, Newgate Market, York, on Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Latest Soul Singles : 20pence Each
at Dicks Inn Every Monday.
- JEAN FREDERICKS PRESENTS:
At the HILTON HOTEL Park Lane,
Miss U.K. Drag,Dinner/Dance. 8.30 pm to 3.00 am. Saturday September 30th.
Tickets from J.Watson, 55 Blomfontein Road. London W.12.
- THE UNICORN BOOKSHOP, 50 Gloucester Road, Brighton BN1 4AQ. For many literary delights, and regular stockists of Gay News. Send for lists (enclosing SAE) or pay them a visit.
- You can regularly buy Gay News at Bookends, 23a Chepstow Mansions, Chepstow Place, London W2. Send S.A.E. for their lists of fantasy/sf/comic books.
- Gay Books & Novels.
The Other Love by H.Montgomery Hyde, 75p.
The Unrecorded Life of Oscar Wilde by Rupert Croft-Cooke, £3.50.
The Wild Boys by William S.Burroughs, £2.50.
Oscar Widle by Philippe Jullian, 60p.
The Well of Loneliness by Radclyffe Hall. 50p.
Death in Venice by Thomas Mann. 30p.
I Give You Oscar Wilde by Desmond Hall. 40p.
All obtainable by post from: Books, 84 Woodhouse Lane, Leeds 2. Tel; 42483. Ad 10 % to cover post and packing.
- Gay Films-Books-Fotos-Slidet-Sex Aids-Etc. Free llustrated Lists S.A.E. New World Sales, 1581 London Road. Norbury, London SW16.
- SOUNDS. Drag-Mobile Disco/lights. Simply the best. Built-in drag show or male floor show if desired Pete 01-743 9930 (5-7 pm)
- MAN TO MAN
Bold catalogues describe and show
(For just a 20 pence p.o.)
Gay, virile, naked, handsome guys
Of every type, shape, age and size
In crisply detailed shots and scenes
From gayest films and magazines.
You’ll get one magazine quite free
With your first order Write and see!
LUX PUBLICATIONS (Dept. GNU),
PO Box 10269, Amsterdam, Holland.
- Gays Dance Close Together at Dicks Inn. See Information Page.
- Have A Clean Up !
For General House Cleaning or Spring Cleaning. Phone : 723 8842 or 402 6881.
- 6 Berth and 4 Berth Caravans Vacant, Dover Cliff’s Caravan Park. Lovely Van’s, Reasonable Charges. ‘Leros’, 71 Myddelton Square, London EC1.
- David Delacey for your Drag or “Special” costumes. My designs or yours. Sequinning a speciality. 38 Somerfield Road, London N4. Tel: 01-226 8980 (evenings – weekends).
Classified Ad Rates
COMMERCIAL ADS. 5p a word. No Box Number service available.
NON COMMERCIAL ADS. 2p a word. Box Numbers 30p.
PERSONAL ADS.2p.a word. Box Numbers 30p. (Owing to lack of space, we ask users of the Personal Ads to try and not use more than 30 words.)
SEMI-DISPLAY (Boxed Classified)
All information listings are free.
All Ads must be prepaid.
Display Ad Rates
Prices quoted on request.