- OPPIDAN ADVISES AND BEFREINDS
the lonely gay needing help. Oppidan’s accommodation service has started, but it needs MORE OFFERS of rooms, beds or other accommodation such as flat share, etc., Write to Box 99, c/o Gay News, or ring 769-7965.
- ‘CHALLENGE’ is a London based homosexual group with branches at Marble Arch, Ealing and Hampstead. We meet each week for a drink and a chat – why don’t you join us?
Ring Martin at 427 8175 or Sid at 328 4647
- Sappho meets every first Monday in the month at the Museum Tavern 7.30pm, upstairs room, Great Russell Street. London WC1. All women are welcome Sappho magazine is available at 30p inc. postage for single copies (Subs rates are unchanged) from Sappho Publications Ltd., BCM/Petrel, London WC1
- CHE. An All London Political Action Group is in the process of formation Will anyone who wants further information on this campaigning group write to Derek Brookfield, 7 Briston Grove, Crouch End, London N8 9EX
- Campaign for Homosexual Equality London Information Centre. 22 Great Windmill Street. London W1 Tel 01-437 6117/8 Until the last week of September the office will only be manned between 12 noon to 6.00 pm, seven days a week.
- HOMOSEXUAL GROUPm meeting Fridays in NW London, with fairly serious interests (and a sense of humour) discusses sex. people religion, politics, listens to good music; hears poets and playwrights read their own work and that of others makes a genuine attempt to befriend and help the lonely from the teenager to the senior citizen. For further details and a friendly chat ring either 769 7965 or 4504318
- Women’s Liberation Workshop, 3 Shavers Place. London W1. Tel 01-839 3918
- GAY CAMBRIDGE — all Freshers at University go to Stall at Corn Exchange October 3 to 5 Contact Pat Jones. 611 Kings College First.
- Gay Civil Rights Group meets on Monday October 23rd at 8pm at 59 Bridge Lane, Golders Green, London NW11. For details please phone Frank Honore on 387-7501 (ask for room 405), or David Seligman on 458-4566.
- Gay Women – Lonely? Need, information, company, help with problems? Write: Jill Russell, c/o The Peace Centre, 18 Moor Street, Ringway, Birmingham 5 7UH. Please enclose S.A.E
- Wandsworth/Richmond CHE group forming. Incorporating Fulham-Wimbledon and fringe areas. Men AND women. We meet twice a month. Write: Fred Green. 368 Upper Richmond Road, Putney SW15 2TU
- Alternative Free Library needs donations of radical/liberated Gay Papers and Magazines, ESPECIALLY Back Issues. Please write: Geoffrey Leigh. 30 Woodside, Wimbledon, London SW19 7AW.
- Gay Unity, Harrow. For details phone Janie at 863 1184 or Alex at 864 2291 Meets on Mondays.
- “Gay Cambridge”, a joint CHE/GLF group covering both the town and university. Meets every fortnight, wekkly in university term Contact Bernard Greaves, 29 John Street, Cambridge, phone Cambridge 52661 or Pat Jones, 48 Milton Road, Cambridge, phone Cambridge 55772.
- YOUNG GAYS meet regularly in London. The C.H.E. Youth Group meets fortnightly around Central London. Details from Mike or Jim at 01-385 7246
- READING GAY ALLIANCE: regular discos and socials counselling, quiet meetings, public meetings, and action. Town and university. SAE for Newssheet: Room 7, 30 London Rd, READING
- GAYSOC: For homosexual men and women in any college or school of London University. Social, political, campaigning; a means for gay students to get together the sort of campus scene hets enjoy, and to tackle the illiberalism of beer-swilling undergrads. Watch college newspapers,: “Sennet”, “Octopus”. “What’s On”, “Gay News”, for details, or write ULU, Malet Street. WC1. (All letters treated with absolute confidentiality).
- FRIEND is the advisory and befriending service of the Campaign for Homosexual Equality Call (Monday and Friday 7.30 to 9.30 pm) or write to Friend, Centre, Broadley Terrace, London NW1
- LESBIAN LIBERATION.
Meetings Wednesday 8.00pm, at the South London Women’s Liberation Centre. 14 Radnor Terrace. SW8. All women welcome Tel: 01-622 8495
- CHE Political Action Group are trying to establish a Legal Aid Fund for Homosexuals. The most economic effective and secure way of doing this is by creating a charitable trust. In order to ensure the trust is securely established and free from the interference of the Charity Commissioners it is essential that an expertly drawn up trust deed is used as the governing instrument. We have no solicitors and barristers in the group and would welcome the advice and assistence of anyone with the requisite experience. Please write to: David Hyde, c/o Campaign for Homosexual Equality, 22 Great Windmill Street, London W1
SCOTTISH MINORITIES GROUP
EDINBURGH from 7.45 to 9.00pm on Mondays in the basement of 23 George Square. Saturdays from 9.30pm coffee/food/dance at the same address. There is also a Womens Group. Check with Mike Coulson 031 225 4395 between 1pm and 10pm any day
GLASGOW from 8pm on Tuesdays at Bruce Briggs. 8 Duncan Street. Glasgow C4 and Third Friday of every month at 214 Clyde Street (Library of Community House) with invited speakers from 8pm. There is also a Womens Group Check with John Breslin 041 771 7600
DUNDEE from 10 30pm on Fridays at 1 Airhe Place, drinks and dance. Check with Len McIntosh 0382-452433 evenings.
ABERDEEN and SALTCOATS check with John Breslin 041 721 7600
GAY LIBERATION FRONT GROUPS
- GLF ALL LONDON COME TOGETHER on Oct 28th. Phone 01-837 7174 for location.
- Religious Gay Lib Group, meets various Sundays at 2 30 pm. Phone 278 1701 for details.
- Gay Women’s Lib. (North London) Meet at The Crown and Woolpak. 397 St Johns St EC1 (Angel Tube) 8pm on Mondays West London GLF meets in the Committee Room of Fulham Town Hall. Fulham Broadway on Thursdays at 8pm.
- Leicester Gay Awareness Group. Contact John Page, 126 Nansen Road, Leicester LE5 5NJ. Phone: Leicester 738832
At present there are GLF groups in operation in the following areas
|Belfast||Keele University||South London|
The addresses of these groups may be obtained from the G.L.F. Office at 5 Caledonian Road, London N1. Tube Kings Cross. Tel 01 -837 7174 Also contact here for other G.L.F. information.
- Bath Gay Awareness Group has moved again. Meetings Thursdays, contact John, Rath 63168 or Hugh Bath 4738 for further information.
- Bristol Gay Awareness Group, c/o Tony, 20D, West Mail, Clifton, Bristol. Tel 0272 32669
- Essex GLF University, contact Brian Roberts, c/o Student Pidgeon Holes, University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester.
- Leeds GLF Liberation Office, 153 Woodhouse Lane, Leeds 2. Tel 0532 39071 ex 57. Meetings every Friday at 7.30pm at the Liberation Office
- Sussex GLF meets Tuesdays at 8.15pm upstairs/back bar Stanford Arms. Preston Circus Brighton. Contact Doug Coupe, 40 Ashford Road. Brighton, or phone Ray at 686939.
- Reading Gay Alliance, Room 7, 30 London Road, Reading
CAMPAIGN FOR HOMOSEXUAL EQUALITY.
|Chilterns (Berkhampstead/||South Essex (Basildon)|
|Amersham)||South Herts (Watford|
|East Kent (Canterbury)||Teeside|
|Liverpool||Wolverhampton & District|
Many local group organisers are wary of having their names and addresses publicised, so for the time being please contact all CHE groups via the national office: 28 KENNEDY STREET. MANCHESTER 2. Telephone 061-228 1985
- LONDON GLF DANCES
Friday Nov 10th – Fulham Town Hall
Sat Dec 2nd – Hampstead Town Hall, Haverstock Hill.
Fri Dec 22nd – Lime Grove Baths, Shepherds Bush.
Fri Jan 12th,1972 – Fulham Town Hall.
- Reading Gay Alliance Weekly Disco at Railway Tavern 8pm
- BIRMINGHAM’S GAY SCENE WELCOMES YOU.
FREE Disco every fortnight (every other Friday Night). At the Shakespeare Inn, Summer Row, Birmingham 3. Drinks at bar prices.
GAY FAWKES & BIRTHDAY PARTY
at Digbeth Civic Hall, Digbeth, Birmingham 5.
(5 mins from City Centre). Saturday 4th November, 8.00-12.00pm. Groups – Disco – Bar – Dancing – Wear what you want. Open House,
- Father Red Cap. 319 Camberwell Road,SE5. (Camberwell Green).
PALACE OF DRAG – Drag every night.
Upstairs Bar now open 7 nights a week —
Tricky Dicky Boys Only Disco now on Tuesdays. Thursdays and Sundays. Also mixed.
Disco on Wednesday and Saturdays. Girls Only Disco on Friday. Gay intimate evening on Mondays. Free Admission Mondays and (for a limited period) Tuesday’s Boys Only Disco.
- South London G.L.F. Disco every Monday except first Monday of the month. At The Crypt, St Matthews Church (opposite Town Hall. Brixton BR/Tube. Buses 35, 37, 109,59,2,3, Admission 15p – Beer and snadwich bar.
Love – Kisses – South London G.L.F.
- West London G.L.F. presents a dance at Hampstead Old Town Hall on December 22nd. Tickets 50p; Disco, Groups, Lightshow, and Bar.
- Camden G.L.F. weekly disco in the discotheque next to the Bull and Gate Pub (200 yds Kentish Town Stn) every Wednesday from 8pm to 1am
- DRAG MOBILE DISCOTEQUE
Tuesday Nights – ROYAL OAK, 62 Glenthorne Road, London W6
Wednesday Nights – THE PONTEFRACT CASTLE 48 Chapel Street, Edgware Road Tube
Dancing Permitted, complete with Drag Show featuring Mr Jean Fredericks, Peter Martmdale & Diamond David
- Sussex G.L.F Disco every Friday 8 11pm at Stanford Arms, Preston Circus. Brighton. Only 15p
- KINGS ARMS, Liverpool Street London, (corner of Pindar Street) Tube/BR Liverpool Street, Buses 8, 8A,22,6, 47,97. Tricky Dicky Show on Saturday Nights, 8.30 11.00. Admission Free Saloon Bar. Disco, Impersonations etc Gay Atmosphere
- Gay News is on sale at all Tricky Dicky Disco’s.
- KINGS ARMS. Liverpool Street London, (corner of Pindar Street) Tube/BR Liverpool Street Dicks inn. Gay Disco every Monday
Compere Tricky Dicky
- THE ARABIAN. Cambridge Heath Road.
London (corner of Bishops Way’ Tube Bethnal Green/Bus 277 Dicks Inn. Gay Disco – closed for the Summer. Re-opens early October.