Love Knoweth No Laws*
Owing to certain pressures put upon us by the law, we hold the right to cut, change or refuse to print any personal ads sent to us. We must also warn male ‘minors’ (under 21) that you may have unpleasant legal nasties unloaded on you, and us, if you attempt to use and reply for certain reasons connected with the meeting of someone for immoral purposes, namely making love. Apart from those antiquated legalities, men and women are welcome to use these columns as they wish.
- SOUNDS. Drag-Mobile Disco/lights. Simply the best. Built-in drag show or male floor show if desired. Pete: 01-743 9930 15-7 pm)
- Scottish Batchelor Clan. If you live in Scotland and want good company, send stamped addressed envelope for details to The Secretary. S.B.C., 1070 Dumbarton Road. Glasgow
- Hardworking young man, 21, looking for an older, steadier person to live with in London. Versatile, well educated and refined, and am not ‘camp’ or ‘kinky’, just happy. Box 11.
- Genuine Gay, and 40 but lonely for young friend under 30 who enjoys older mens company. Am not camp, effeminate or kinky and seek similar. Own flat Knightsbridge. Sincere genuine replies answered. Box 71.
- Genuine. Near Brighton. Lonely businessman, slim young 40. not camp or kinky, offers home and security to sincere younger man. Photo appreciated and returned/exchanged. All letters answered. Box 72.
- Older Man, CHE member, passive, resident Sussex, offers occasional hospitality and mutual fun to active male Send recent snap. Box 73.
- Batchelor, 47, wishes to meet gay masculine friends between 21 and 30 in Midland area. Box 74.
- It is an offence to conspire to incite males to commit homosexual acts – The Law Officers Department. Box?
- Wanted by Martin, a poor member of Gay News. A T.V. engineer to repair my T.V. cheaply, any early evening. Phone 01-960 0314 or 01 -402 7805.
- What about the Gay Life in Golders Green then? Box 34.
- Eccentric Queen requires urgently an Eccentric Pad. Low rent please. Write (only) to Claudia, to Gay News, 19 London Street. London W2 1HL.
- Professional Composer seeks Younger Guy, car-camping holiday view prolonged relationship. Beauty unimportant, good legs desirable, brains essential. Box 36.
- Young Man (21) wishes to meet male 21-30 for sincere friendship and mutual pleasures. Photo if possible – returned with mine. Box 75.
- Man, thirties, Huddersfield, seeks mature male friend No age limit if sincere. Letters/photos appreciated. Box 76.
- I need a crew/friend to help me sail my 16ft Sharpie. It means early starts, being wet and tired but with a compensating sense of achievement. If you like boats, are 15-25, about 9st. and interested please phone 352 1607. Ian.
- Lonely male student (24) seeks intelligent masculine young guy for intimate friendship and emotional support. London area. Box 77.
- TV Director/journalist (29) fairly square type, interested in people, conversation, music (operatic, G & S, vocal) and travel/sightseeing/motoring in Gt.Britain, would like to meet similar aged up to about 27 with view to touring holiday. Write fully. All answered. Box 78.
- Sophisticated Young Londoner, own Kensington Pad. needs youthful raw material for new friendship. Box 79.
- Amputees (Male, A.K.) please write! I am a kind, attractive male (37) who genuinely needs another one-legged pal to share country cottage, triumph vitesse and life generally. Box 80.
- Skinhead & Leather Boy, aged ██⤺Ed. and 25. would like to meet young friends of similar age and every lasting friendship. Please send photos, all letters answered. Box 81.
- Gay Girl, 28, independent but friendly, own flat in Central London fancy meeting for drinks, chat, etc? Box 51.
- “Lets Get Together With Music” – Gay songwriter (male 27) wishes to meet gay composer (28-35). S.W. London area For music and other interests!! Box 82.
- East Midlands Gay Male 22, seeks young friends, interests include railways, sport, motoring, pop. Photo’s please Box 83.
- Batchelor 40’s Tall Slim, offers share of flat, well equipped, close to town, to another tall slim same age group or younger. Nominal share exs. A.L.A. Box 84.
- “Like to get away for a weekend!” I’m 28, own house, and willing to accommodate suitable male under 25, No (camp) or (effeminates) please. Genuine, Photo please. All letters answered. Box 85.
- Would the person who placed Box 85 please contact Ads Dept.. Gay News. 19 London Street. London W2 1HL. Tel: 01-402 7805 Thanks.
- 27 Tall Dark seeks permanent young friend to play DAVID to my JONATHAN. London/Brighton. Write fully with photo if possible. All letters answered. Box 86.
- “Peter – see you at the Drag Discotheque Aug 9 or any Wednesday after – Pontrefact Castle. 48 Chapel Street. London NW1. (Edgware Road tube station.) — am doing wild go-go dancing there. John.”
- Socialist, Young, Jewish, looking for under 30 and 5’7″, with London Pad Reciprocal hospitality for Provincial Weekends. Box 87.
- Gay Male. 26, spends most weekends m Brighton, would like to meet somebody there with whom to move around and/or relax. Roughly same age and sex. Box 88.
- Gay 38, seeks longhaired gay up to 28 for close and lasting friendship. No Beards. London or 15 miles away. Slim build. Recent photo please, no time wasters, all letters answered. Box 89.
- Exciting Suedehead. 29, easily switched on. Letters to Roy from masculine guy. Photo ensures reply Box 92.
- Leaving Mid-August for Majorca. Will any knowledgeable reader supply address(es) of Gay Rendezvous to prevent the frustration I had for past two holidays. Grateful. Box 93.
- Gear Wanted by Leather – Lover. 24. Also friends under 30 with similar interests. Photo please, (returnable). Box 94.
- Calling All Gays (Male & Female) in the Belsize Park area. How about coming together for a drink and social evenings. Write to: Garry, 40 Belsize Park Gardens. London NW3.
- Man, 30, wishes to meet other male 21 -30, for genuine friendship. Interests films, theatre, folk/country music. Photo appreciated. (Oxford area) Box 95.
- Business executive, 34, transferred to London shortly seeks young social contacts, maybe roommate. I’m young looking & thinking and love & can afford the nicer things in life. Lets correspond! MAX, PO Box 26017. Los Angeles 90026, USA Airmail.
- Longhaired gayboy seeks
young shorthaired friends
Photo. Box 100.
- Gay Guy (32) looking for friends around my age or younger to enjoy life with. Please write soon and send a photo. Box 101.
- Gay Girl, Late 20’s. Recovering, and lonely seeks warm patient, animal-loving fairly slim feminine friend. Possibly older. Hopefully lifelong. Photo if possible. Sincere answered. Box 102.
- Batchelor, 50, of quiet disposition seeks companion, 40-45, for theatre trips and friendship. Box 103.
- London N.8. Quiet domesticated young man required to share comfortable small flat. Own room. Available September. Box 104
- Black, Young, Gay? Then young white guy (Brixton) wants to meet you. Box 96.
- HELP!! Is there in Dublin a 30/40yr young opera fanatic interested in trills & big crescendos?? Box 97.
- A R E T H E R E A N Y S U G G E S T I O N S
F R O M O U R R E A D E R S W H A T W E
S H O U L D D O W I T H B O X 69 ??????
- No Rent — Refined Man late 20’s wants to meet financially stable man under 45 for companionship send photo, replys in confidence. Kevin Holt, 97 Belgrave Road. Westminster, London SW1.
- Batchelor, 46, seeks young companion for holiday next year to Tangiers. Pen friends also wanted. Box 106.
- Could the person who placed Box 106 please get in touch with the Ads Dept., Gay News. 19 London Street. London W2 1HI. Tel: 01-402 7805. Thanks.
- Homeloving 43 year old, active continental wishes to meet someone over 30 to share home and life. Phone number if possible please. Box 105.
- Any personal ads containing any form of racial prejudice will be immediately rejected, and money paid for insertion will NOT be refunded. Gay News collective.
- Young man in twenties (with large dog) requires immediately furnished flat in Central/North London. Up to £12 per week Box 67.
- Urgently Needed. 2 Large free or inexpensive rooms in Central London for Gay Social Activities, for both men and women. They will be needed continuously, but for at least 3 nights a week. Contact Gay News. Tel: 01-402 7805.
- Ilford Area. Batchelor offers share of flat. Prefer shared cost basis — any age/nationality considered. Permanent or short-term. Box 91.
- Andrew offers share of Trendy South Kensington Bedsit, £4.50 p.w., to trendy dishy butch fella for long or short let. Ring 373 2781, ask for Room 8 only.
- Young Man 20’s to share luxury garden flat in Hampstead, colour TV etc. £8 per week. Philip 794 8041 after 6.00pm
- Designer, 26, would like to share in gay flat/house towards the east end of London, or Islington. Box 88.
- HAIRY? Hirsute (body) young men required for small film. Any nationality/colour. Send fullest details and photo if possible. No previous experience necessary. Box 90.
- Young Photographer requires attractive young models London area, top rates. If interested please write to Bob. Box 70.
- Gay News, wishes to thank the management and staff at the Colherne and the Boltons (at Earl’s Court) and the Champion (at Notting Hill Gate) for their help in letting us sell Gay News in their establishments. Gay News will regularly be on sale in these three pubs in West London.
- MAN TO MAN
Bold catalogues describe and show
(For just a 20 pence p.o.)
Gay, virile, naked, handsome guys
Of every type, shape, age and size
In crisply detailed shots and scenes
From gayest films and magazines.
You’ll get one magazine quite free
With your first order. Write and see!
LUX PUBLICATIONS (Dept. GNU),
PO Box 10269, Amsterdam, Holland.
- Gays Dance Close Together at Dicks Inn.
See Information Page.
- Have A Clean Up !
For General House Cleaning or Spring Cleaning. Phone : 723 8842 or 402 6881.
- 6 Berth and 4 Berth Caravans Vacant. Dover Cliff’s Caravan Park. Lovely Van’s, Reasonable Charges. ‘Leros’, 71 Myddelton Square, London EC1.
- Wanted for feature (now in preperation) pictures of 1940s and 1950s radio stars, at work and play. Contact David Seligman, GAY NEWS, 19 London Street, London W2 1HL. Tel: 01 402 7805.
- David Delacey for your Drag or “Special” costumes. My designs or yours. Sequinning a speciality. 38 Somerfield Road, London N4. Tel: 01-226 8980 (evenings – weekends).
- Gay Nude Mags £1. Gay Lists S.A.E. Johnny : BM/FBGH : LONDON WC1V 6XX.
- York. Gay News available from Woof’s Stall, Newgate Market, York, on Thursdays and Saturdays. We also sell all kinds of alternative/ underground/radicel/ hippy newspapers/mag-azines/ leaflets as well as joss sticks, incense and perfume oils (vast range), nice indian sheets/ bedspreads, home-made clothes, jewellry, trinkets, leatherwork, candles, and anything else anyone makes and would like selling. Come and have a look !
- Gay Books & Novels.
The Other Love by H.Montgomery Hyde, 75p.
The Unrecorded Life of Oscar Wilde by Rupert Croft-Cooke, £3.50.
The Wild Boys by William S.Burroughs, £2.50.
Oscar Widle by Philippe Jullian, 60p.
The Well of Loneliness by Radclyffe Hall, 50p.
Death in Venice by Thomas Mann, 30p.
I Give You Oscar Wilde bv Desmond Hall. 40p.
All obtainable by post from: Books, 84 Woodhouse Lane, Leeds 2. Tel; 42483. Ad 10 % to cover post and packing.
- Gay Films-Books-Fotos-Slides-Sex Aids-Etc.
Free llustrated Lists S.A.E. New World Sales, 1581 London Road, Norbury, London SW16.
- Oppose Imperialism, Demand Communication. For details on Esperanto, write – Brian Barker, 55 St.Peter’s Avenue, Maldon, Essex.
- THE UNICORN BOOKSHOP,
50 Gloucester Road, Brighton BN1 4AQ. For many literary delights, and regular stockists of Gay News. Send for lists (enclosing SAE) or pay them a visit.
- You can regularly buy Gay News at Bookends, 23a Chepstow Mansions. Chepstow Place, London W2. Send S.A.E. for their lists of fantasy/sf/comic books.
- Composer Available, widely experienced all fields, film, pop, stage, avante garde, etc. Sympathetic Commissions. Phone 01-603 364b or Box 40.
- Latest Soul Singles: 20pence Each at Dicks Inn Every Monday.
- ORGY ACTION
Each pretty boy (and girl) expects
To sample every kind of sex
And in our films and mags you’ll find
Their naked beauty well defined
A postal order (20 pence)
Brings photo-catalogues to you
With vouchers for a free mag too !
NETCO (Dept. GNU).
PO Box 10149, Amsterdam, Holland.
- AGITPROP BOOKSHOP
A Gay Manifesto 5p.
Gay Manifesto (GLF London) 1Op
The Sexual Struggle of Youth 37½p
Oscar Wilde 60p.
Come Together 5p.
and many more books, pamphlets, papers and posters at the shop or by post from 248 (GN) Bethnal Green Road. London E2.
- WANTED. STREET-SELLERS to sell, you guessed it, GAY NEWS. You make 3p a copy. We can’t sell them all ourselves. Contact Gay News, 19 London Street, London W.2. Tel: 01-402 7805.
- JEAN FREDERICKS PRESENTS:
At the HILTON HOTEL Park Lane,
Miss U.K. Drag.Dinner/Dance. 8.30 pm to 3.00 am. Saturday September 30th. Blomfontein Road. London W.12.
Tickets from J.Watson, 55
- Wanted. Press cuttings from all national and local newspapers concerning Gay People. Gay News, 19 London Street, London W2. Tel: 01-402 7805.
- WANTED. GAY NEWS, information and articles. Tel: 01-402 7805.
- VIRGIN RECORDS at 130 Notting Hill Gate, W11, 24 Oxford Street.WI, 62nd Precinct .High Street Kensington (opp. Barkers) and 90 Bold Street, Liverpool; as well as selling you records at reasonable prices, also will be regularly selling GAY NEWS.
BACK NUMBERS of GAY NEWS are still available. Send 13p (which includes postage etc) for each back issue. Write Gay News Oldies, 19 London Street, London W2 1HL, stating which issue(s) required. Did you miss out on a ‘Het’?
The Biograph, Wilton Road, Victoria, SW1.
- Thursday 10th August
Brother John AA : with Sidney Poitier
Brotherhood of Satan : X : with L.W.Jones & Strother Martin.
- Sunday 13th August
Not With My Wife You Don’t : A : with Tony Curtis
First to Fight : U : with Dean Jagger
- Monday 14th August
Three Sisters : U : with Laurence Olivier & Alan Bates
Wild Kurdistan : U : with Lex Barker
- Thursday 17th August
Chisum : U : with John Wayne & Forrest Tucker
Dirty Angels X : with Lino Capolicchio
- Sunday 20th August
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf : X : with Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton
Seven Golden Men : U : with Rossana Pedesta
- Monday 21st August
The Man Who Had Power Over Women : X : with Rod Taylor & Carol White
The Tiger & The Pussycat : A : with Vittorio Gassman & Ann Margret
- Thursday 24th August
Macho Callahan : AA : with David Jannsen & Jean Seberg
Riders on the Rain : AA : with Charles Bronson & Marlene Jobert
Classified Ad Rates
COMMERCIAL ADS. 5p a word. No Box Number service available.
NON COMMERCIAL ADS. 2p a word. Box Numbers 30p.
PERSONAL ADS.2p.a word. Box Numbers 30p. (Owing to lack of space, we ask users of the Personal Ads to try and not use more than 30 words.)
SEMI-DISPLAY (Boxed Classified)
All information listings are free.
All Ads must be prepaid.
Display Ad Rates
Prices quoted on request.